Hold control and place a block, it will place as many as possible in that direction till it hits something or you run out of blocks to place. Very useful for bridge building. Even in creative, it will only place as many block as as you have in the stack!
It can do both vertical and horizontal placement. It modifies only the ItemBlock class only. Not many mods do this (that I know of), so should be fairly compatible.
The configuration file is found in the config folder in your main minecraft directory, the file is ./config/fastbuild.cfg. Run minecraft once with the mod installed to get the configuration file created automatically.
The key that must be pressed to use fast build, any of the static key values from here should work.
Determines the maximum number of blocks that will be attempted to be placed at one time.
Determines the maximum number of blocks that will be attempted to be placed at one time in the vertical direction.
How to install Fast Building Mod:
MANUAL INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
- 1. Locate your main minecraft version folder. On Windows, its in %APPDATA%/.minecraft/versions/
- 2. Copy this folder and rename it to whatever you want.
- 3. Open the folder and rename the files similarly.
- 4. Open the json file and change the id to that as well.
- 5. Open the jar in an archive editor (WinRar/7-Zip/etc).
- 6. Delete the META-INF folder.
- 7. Copy the files from the downloaded archive file into the jar file, replacing previous files.
- 8. Run Minecraft!
CUSTOM INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
- 1. Double click the installer.jar (or run it via java -jar installer.jar)
- 2. Click NO on automatic install (first popup).
- 3. Click YES on custom install (second popup).
- 4. Read and follow the popup boxes directions.
- 5. Run Minecraft!